Will make this brief, I have a game map with units on it and had finalized a fully interactive minimap where the units on the minimap have event listeners for rollover/rollout (displays a small popup unit data summary) and click (selects the "real" unit on the main game map and scrolls the viewpoint to that location). All done, tested, working.
I then implement an interactive scrollable unit list with more status summary data and dozens of objects with rollover/rollout/click listeners. All tested and working fine.
Then I go back and look at my minimap, and the listeners on the mini-ships aren't working anymore. Things tried:
- Debug code to make sure listeners still being added
- Debug to watch the one place where I remove those listeners to make sure that ain't happening unexpectedly
- Debug to watch all the places I refresh that dialog to make sure every iteration adds the listeners back
- Can't see that there is any transparent object on top intercepting
- Checked mini-ship parents to make sure I didn't turn off mouseChildren or something like that somewhere
- No added stage-level listener, in fact I killed all of them temporarily to test this
What happens when I debug with a breakpoint on the mini-ship listener handler is nada. It's no longer receiving mouse events. So either something I haven't thought of has stopped them from listening or something I don't know of is intercepting.
So what is the strategy here? How can I find the break in the chain?